Promote me if you truly like my blog bitchesz.
I sent in a support question about this. This is the reply I got 2 minutes later:
***We do not send out cd keys. That sounds like a phishing scam to give viruses or steal ID***
We have recently seen an increase in phishing attempts which pose a real threat for account security. As a friendly reminder, many scams will ask you for your password, which is something Blizzard Entertainment will *NEVER* do.
You may wish to review the following links for more information on phishing emails:
- Types of Account Thefts: http://us.battle.net/security/types.html
- How to tell if the email you received is legitimate: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/30828
- Information concerning email scams, examples of phishing emails, and what to do in the event you have received a phishing email can be found on the Customer Service Forum here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=965511383
Add a Battle.net authenticator to the account and receive an exclusive Corehound pet! Information about this security device can be found here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/BLIZZARDAUTH.
If you feel you may have responded to a phishing email, and are unable to access the account, please contact Account & Technical Services. With proper verification our representatives may be able to assist you in recovering the account. Our contact information can be found at http://blizzard.com/support/article/cs.
Game Master Laneroth
Hello, thank you for shopping at the Blizzard Store!
StarCraft II®: Wings of Liberty™: 6129523855006794206159153
To use this key to activate the game, simply follow these instructions:
1. Log in to your Battle.n Account - Or Create a Battle.net Account
2. Verify your e-mail address. (If you have previously verified your address, skip this step.) From the main Account Management page, click the ‘verify this e-mail address’ link. Then, check your e-mail account for a verification e-mail. Click the link in this e-mail to verify your e-mail address.
3. Return to the Battle.net account management page, then click on ‘Code Redemption’.
4. Enter the above CDKey in the code field.
5. Once you have successfully redeemed this code, you will be able to play the game.
NOTE: If you have previously chosen to gift your digital purchase, attaching this key to their Battle.net account will prevent you from being able to redeem this key with your Battle.net account.
Order Date: 2010-8-10
Order #: 2573775
(1) StarCraft II®: Wings of Liberty™ - $59.99
Credit Card Number : ****-****-****-9527
Credit Card Type : Vista
Item Subtotal: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Shipping Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: $59.99
If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please contact us at:
Phone: Toll-free at (1-800-592-5499)
Live phone support is available seven days a week, 8:00AM - 8:00PM Pacific Time.
Thanks for shopping with us!
Blizzard Customer Service
Now, could anyone else catch the typo that allowed me to figure out this is a scam?